We can work with you to seamlessly file your taxes in TurboTax.
TurboTax expects you to upload your transactions in their Desktop app with a TXF file.
Note: You cannot import a TXF file into TurboTax Online. If you want to use the on-line version you could e-file your return and then print out your 8949 and send it separately.
How to import your transactions into TurboTax
- Click Personal Income
- I’ll choose what I work on
- Investment income
- Stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other
- Click “Yes” for have you sold any investments in 2017
- Then click “Yes” for did you get a 1099 (even if your exchanges didn’t give you one)
- Scroll down below the financial partners window and select “I’ll import a TXF form”
- Then select the .txf file you saved with your 2017 capital gains and losses